TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Already evicted-landord will not give access to belongings

NYC Housing Court Practice/Procedures

Moderator: TenantNet

Already evicted-landord will not give access to belongings

Postby celicaguy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:52 pm

Hello:
I am an adult protective services client evicted from my apartment. While I was removing my belongings the marshall arrived and the landlord would not allow further access. Now, ten days later, the landlord refuses access and I cannot retrieve my belongings. Finally he agreed to access and said I had 4 hours to pack and move. When I arrived, he had thrown all belongings in garbage bags including rotting food from the refrigerators.The power is off and the food reeks. He threw bleach on top of all the bags rendering it impossible to open them without my eyes burning and burning. He threw refuse in with all clothing and everything including dog feces. He followed me around with a video camera mocking me on fiilm, calling me a freak, an animal and a horrible excuse for a human being. He told me that he will have me committed and made fun of my psychiatrist and social workers and guardian at litem. I was so upset that I had to leave and now he said all remaining belongings are going in the trash. My guardian at litem is away on vacation for two weeks and I do not know what to do. Any advice is appreciated.
celicaguy

Postby Emeraldstar » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:37 am

Hi All
Based upon your post, you should contact an SW from APS and explain what you went through. It sounds as though the LL permitted access just to add insult to injury :roll:
Emeraldstar

Postby queensborough » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:34 am

What about contacting your social workers or psychiatrist for some kind of assistance? Were you evicted legally through the court?
queensborough

Return to Housing Court - NYC