TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Another question

NYC Rent Regulation: Rent Control/Rent Stabilized, DHCR Practice/Procedures

Moderator: TenantNet

Another question

Postby Flipflops506 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:45 pm

My daughters apt was supposed to be ready on the 15. When she dropped by the super let her in but the apt wasn't finished. Tub glazed that am took two days to dry, no stove and missing cabinet. The super also said she had no keys, only hers (her own set). After speaking with the landlord he acted like she was crazy to ask for prorated rent for one day (he said apt would be finished next). I disagree, one days rent is not a small amount and why should she pay if she can't live there. Another question, the place was supposed to be renovated which it was bare minimum. The living room floors were varnished but not scraped and there are huge gouges and scratches (we did take photos) Another thing and it seems petty but many of the outlet covers are cracked. I know they're only a dollar each but it's the principle who is responsible for those? She already
Purchased them but the fact the landlord couldn't spend $3 dollars really rubs me the wrong way along with the floors and other things.
Flipflops506

Re: Another question

Postby TenantNet » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:17 pm

Seriously, please read the Forum rules. Posters should not start new threads with every new question. This should be a continuation of your first post. Read the Forum Rules to see why. Locking this topic.
The Tenant Network(tm) for Residential Tenants
Information from TenantNet is from experienced non-attorney tenant
activists and is not considered legal advice.

Subscribe to our Twitter Feed @TenantNet
TenantNet

Return to NYC Rent Regulated Apartments