TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

*REG NOT FOUND FOR SUBJECT PREMISES*

NYC Rent Regulation: Rent Control/Rent Stabilized, DHCR Practice/Procedures

Moderator: TenantNet

*REG NOT FOUND FOR SUBJECT PREMISES*

Postby R3ntQs » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:39 pm

I've recently requested the rent history for my apartment and found that every year since 2016 is listed as *REG NOT FOUND FOR SUBJECT PREMISES* Is there no requirement for submitting registration info to DHCR?

I know other tenants were living here before me as we had to coordinate their move out and I still receive mail for past tenants. I'm trying to understand the rent history of our unit as it is listed as rent-stabilized but there is nothing listed since 2015.
R3ntQs

Re: *REG NOT FOUND FOR SUBJECT PREMISES*

Postby cheeseburger69 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:45 am

I'll let the experts chime in, but landlords are required to register with DHCR the RS tenants of record and the rent collected. That doesn't mean that they do. I know in my case I found multiple housing court records where the landlord had sued for nonpayment in many of the same years where they did not register any tenants with DHCR.
cheeseburger69

Re: *REG NOT FOUND FOR SUBJECT PREMISES*

Postby TenantNet » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:57 pm

Where is it listed as rent stabilized?

See our reply in this thread: http://www.tenant.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14873

Reg Not Found most likely means the LL is claiming the unit was deregulated, and if so, they are no longer required to register it. However, I would say most deregulations are fraudulent, and you can challenge it.
The Tenant Network(tm) for Residential Tenants
Information from TenantNet is from experienced non-attorney tenant
activists and is not considered legal advice.

Subscribe to our Twitter Feed @TenantNet
TenantNet

Return to NYC Rent Regulated Apartments