TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

LL OUT OF LINE??

NYC Rent Regulation: Rent Control/Rent Stabilized, DHCR Practice/Procedures

Moderator: TenantNet

LL OUT OF LINE??

Postby jnba » Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:48 am

Hello all,

recently I decided to give my LL a call and let him know that my Girlfriend will be staying at my apartment while Im out on Business/work Travel just to be sure he doesnt start interogating her as he has done this to several other people.

Well he told me oh just bring me a letter with her name and address.. well done, after i took the letter to him he asked me all these questions like:

1- How long have you known her...
2- Where'd you meet...
3- What does she do...
4- What school does she go to..
5- Wants her CELL number...
6- Wants her SS number...

After all these questions some answered and some were not, I ask him why does this Concern you..? I think you should only be advised that she'll be living with me for some time,her name and her primary address.

he answers: oh.. its a HUD regulation or something like that.. anyways I told him I'd get back to him for CELL and SS# and really wanted to know what are my rights for this issue.
As i understand i have a right to have anyone with me on a temporary basis or as i see fit, as long as i do not go over the occupancy limit.

Well any help is really appreciated.
Jnba
jnba

Re: LL OUT OF LINE??

Postby Phil Cohen » Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:49 pm

tell him to go screw himself. Really. Trying to get info re a housesitter, for chrissakes, is just nutty.
Keep in mind that I am a tenant. Not a lawyer!!!!!
Phil Cohen

Return to NYC Rent Regulated Apartments