TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Part 2 - to Eviction as they please?!?

Rights for non-regulated tenants

Moderator: TenantNet

Part 2 - to Eviction as they please?!?

Postby Lilllian325 » Fri Sep 20, 2002 6:58 pm

to answer your question. My lease never said anything about 'sharing' rooms. If it did, I would never have sign the lease.

She told me on the lease there is a line stated that she has the right to ask/evict me with 30 day notice. But I thought that can only be apply if I don't pay the rent on time, violate the housing law or create a lot of noise. Not so much as whenever she please to do whatever she wants.

A friend of mine told me, regardless if that statement was listed on the lease or not, she can't ask me to leave, based on her reasoning (I have the kitchen, while other 2 do not). Because the fault is not mine.

Please help!!!
Lilllian325

Re: Part 2 - to Eviction as they please?!?

Postby ChrisG » Fri Sep 20, 2002 7:10 pm

what exactly does this clause in your lease say about this? i would assume that such a clause could only be enforced if the siituation had radically changed since the lease was signed. you've upheld your end of the contract, she should as well. however, she may continue to pressure you to leave.

remember that simply asking you to leave by november isn't the same thing as eviction. if she wants to evict, she'll have to go through the whole process. she may find that more trouble than building some kitchenettes in the other apartments! just make sure you let her know you won't give in so easily.
ChrisG

Return to NYC Non-Regulated Apartments