TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Landlord will not Deliver lease for us to sign

Rights for non-regulated tenants

Moderator: TenantNet

Landlord will not Deliver lease for us to sign

Postby dcook » Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:04 pm

I am living in an apartment in brooklyn since Feb. 15, I paid a brokers fee on the condition that i would be signing a lease which has since not happened. All i have is a piece of paper saying my roommate and i may occupy the apt, that first and security has been recieved and the next date that rent is do. It does not list the amount of the rent and is not signed by my roommate or myself.
I first was told i would recieve the lease before March 15, then the week following the landlord called and said his office is still drawing up the lease and wants it to start on the first and asked us to pay for 1/2 a months rent, which we did (gave chk to super). I have no idea where to send rent, and every time i call the landlord and inquire he says he will be by, but never shows up. Here it is the 7th and i have not paid rent nor do i have a lease because the landlord hasn't come by for it. I do not want to be a tenant at will,and i would like to know the location of my security deposit and don't know if i should be concerned with this, or just acknowledge that my landlord is scatter brained.
dcook

Return to NYC Non-Regulated Apartments