TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Name on 2 Mitchell Lama Share Certificate - GREED

Public Housing (NYCHA), SRO, HUD, HPD, Mitchell Lama, Lofts, Coop/Condo

Moderator: TenantNet

Name on 2 Mitchell Lama Share Certificate - GREED

Postby NYC10018A » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:13 pm

When I was with my ex (not married) we got called for a Mitchell Lama in Brooklyn and both our names are on the Share Certificate. The relationship did not last and the ex moved out. She eventually landed in another Mitchell Lama call Southbridge that just went private. Now she is claiming she owns half of my current apartment where I have lived for the past 14yrs. I can prove that she was a resident at SouthBridge, however not sure what the law is in terms of her name still being on the share certificate. Couple Questions:

1. Is it Legal to have your name on 2 share certificates at the same time in the Mitchll Lama programs?

2. Can I ask HPD to remove her off the certificate by forcing the management to do so. My management company won`t do anything.

3. The income affidavit does not list her, can I force management to make sure they don`t grant access to the apartment or building.

Any advice one can give would be appreciated. I hired an attorney, but even them are not sure on the rules.

Thanks

Frustrated.......
NYC10018A

Re: Name on 2 Mitchell Lama Share Certificate - GREED

Postby TenantNet » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:18 pm

Wish we could answer this, but we don't have the expertise with Mitchell Lama. And is this a coop? Suggest you consult with a tenant attorney who has experience in this area.
The Tenant Network(tm) for Residential Tenants
Information from TenantNet is from experienced non-attorney tenant
activists and is not considered legal advice.

Subscribe to our Twitter Feed @TenantNet
TenantNet

Return to Other NYC Housing Issues