TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Emergency Transfer

Public Housing (NYCHA), SRO, HUD, HPD, Mitchell Lama, Lofts, Coop/Condo

Moderator: TenantNet

Emergency Transfer

Postby renogee7 » Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:57 am

:( :confused:
I live in a NYCHA apartment. And recently had to apply for an emergency relocation to another project due to threats on my an my childrens lives, by my ex-husband. Who has been arrested and released from not only jail a number of times, but also several mental institutions. Currently he is being held for not only threatening and attempting to carry out these threats at my home and job. But also on various other people. Recently I received a letter, much to my surprise, that eviction proceedings are being considered due to non-desirability. Would something like this be done due to police having been called a number of times at my home? I have an appointment to meet with them to discuss this on July 17th. But this may hinder my emergency transfer, which now is a matter of life or death. My ex who has been held at belvue for 3 weeks and deemed unfit to stand trial last week, has somehow been turned back over to corrections. I don't understand the legal system. But I don't understand Housing even more. There are people living in public housing who are drug dealers rapist, murderers, addicts, you name it. I'am a single working mother of 4 children 2 in college 2 in the public school system. But I feel I am being treated as though I'am just as bad. Please advise what can I do?
renogee7

Return to Other NYC Housing Issues