TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

harrassment in a Mitchell Llama coop

Public Housing (NYCHA), SRO, HUD, HPD, Mitchell Lama, Lofts, Coop/Condo

Moderator: TenantNet

harrassment in a Mitchell Llama coop

Postby toni » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:07 pm

A couple of years ago I complained about my neighbor to the management office and now the neighbor and her children harrass me. they spit on my car, apt door, drop garbage in front of my door, and lastly they marked up my front door with erasible pen

management stated if I don't have proof that my neighbors committed any of these fractions, they can't do anything to reprimand her. Please advise what recourse I have? do I have to go out and buy a nanny cam to actually catch them? what is the management's duty to ensure the harrassment ceases?
toni

Postby OutOfPatience » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:52 pm

Unless you can prove it or if the management just happens to witness them harassing you, then it's just a matter of your word vs. their word.

I think that the only reason I didn't have to offer up proof when complaining to my LL was that my idiot psycho neighbor readily admitted to what she did when questioned by the building staff and I documented everything.

In addition to trying to get some tangible proof, you should keep a contemporaneous diary of the harassment, logging the date, time, duration, nature (details) of each incident.
OutOfPatience

Return to Other NYC Housing Issues