TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Renovating a home!

Public Housing (NYCHA), SRO, HUD, HPD, Mitchell Lama, Lofts, Coop/Condo

Moderator: TenantNet

Renovating a home!

Postby carlos wright » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:04 am

I have been looking to renovate my two family brick townhouse with stairs/railings, kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling and renovations done. I recently heard that some websites do provide removable shelves for bathroom corners on the net but was unable to locate them. Will someone be able to give me the web addresses of such websites that sell removable corner shelves / racks? Thanks a lot!
carlos wright

Postby TenantNet » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:30 am

This is a tenants' rights web site, not home improvement.

Having said that, ever hear of Google? Ikea? Kmart?
The Tenant Network(tm) for Residential Tenants
Information from TenantNet is from experienced non-attorney tenant
activists and is not considered legal advice.

Subscribe to our Twitter Feed @TenantNet
TenantNet

Postby NYHawk » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:04 pm

NYHawk

Re: Renovating a home!

Postby sarahjennifer » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:48 am

Hi
I recommend the site called _____________________ which sells removable bathroom shelves for bath-tubs which keep the soap and shampoo bottles away from moisture. It looks sleek, stylish and are of good quality too. I’m sure it matches with your requirement.
sarahjennifer

Postby TenantNet » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:29 am

We're disabling this thread, but leaving it to show the type of spam we're getting and schemes spammers use. We're also blanking out the URL left by the last poster.

Here you have what seems to be a user asking a question on the wrong forum. Not only that, any Kmart or discount store would carry such an item. NYHawk even offered a URL (although it doesn't work).

Then wait a few days and here comes a new user to the rescue with a tailor-made answer.

Or so it seems.

Turns out this is a two-part strategy by spammers from India ... home of much of the outsourcing used by larger computer companies these days (but that's a different story).

Both the first post asking the question and the second post ostensibly answering the question were from the same place, somewhere in India. While we might get legitimate Indian users looking for tenant information, the IP address is from a known spamming group and it's happened before.

So it's not as in-you-face as spam ads for ED pills or cel phones, it's still spam.
TenantNet

Return to Other NYC Housing Issues