TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Blacklist question

Public Housing (NYCHA), SRO, HUD, HPD, Mitchell Lama, Lofts, Coop/Condo

Moderator: TenantNet

Blacklist question

Postby billiams » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:38 pm

I have a question regarding the most effective way of crafting a stipulation to (at least to the extent possible) get one's name off the blacklist. Specifically, does the stipulation need to be "so ordered?"

1)I have included the basic language in the stip that the LL filed the case in error and agrees to the expungement. And I am sending the stip with a letter to the TRB's that purchase Housing court records directly from the OCA.

2) I want to recaption the case to "Mike Doe". I believe this needs to be recalandered and a "so ordered " stip entered to recaption the case. Is this true? And if there is such a stip will future OCA records and searches reflect the changed caption, provided it is "so ordered?"

So with respect to my question is 1 and or 2 achievable with a so ordered stip, and is a so ordered stip required to achieve the goals of 1 and 2?
billiams

Postby TenantNet » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:33 pm

Blacklist questions, see http://tenant.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=702

I can't answer your question as to the best method to have the records expunged. It might be worth a consultation with tenant attorney James Fishman (who advertises here) who is the expert on tenant blacklisting issues. http://www.tenantslaw.net. Other tenant attorneys might also be able to answer the particular question.
The Tenant Network(tm) for Residential Tenants
Information from TenantNet is from experienced non-attorney tenant
activists and is not considered legal advice.

Subscribe to our Twitter Feed @TenantNet
TenantNet

Spoken with Jamie's Associate Jennifer

Postby billiams » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:39 pm

She was very helpful. I do need a "so ordered" stip to prospectively change the caption.

I pretty much knew this, but it was nice to have my hunch confirmed.
billiams

Return to Other NYC Housing Issues