TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

11:00 PM heavy equipment noise allowed by the landlord

Moderator: TenantNet

11:00 PM heavy equipment noise allowed by the landlord

Postby rich8ch » Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:09 am

10 to 11:30 pm Feb. 19,2003.
My landlord hired someone heavy, noisy, construction gear to remove snow in our parking lot (2 days after the big snow storm) He clearly had 2 days to do take care of this problem but for some reason these two huge diesel pieces showed up and started clearing out the parking lot. (I have a three year old daughter)
It was very very noisy and disturbing. I called him complaining about the noise and he hung up on me. I called him back and he threatened to evict me for saying something about the noise in the first place. Also having not the decency to shovel my cars out of the snow in the parking lot (it was a big storm). He said that I could move out (We have a lease my name is on)if I don't like the way it is...at this point I hung up on him.
What are my rights in this matter? I mean do I have the right to call my landlord and say something about the noise or do I call the police? How does this work. I mean does my landlord have the right to allow big noise at all hours of the day at his discretion? How does it work? I am up all night and cannot go to sleep because I keep running this sme scenario over and over again in my head. What do I do? Thank you- Rich
rich8ch

Re: 11:00 PM heavy equipment noise allowed by the landlord

Postby consigliere » Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:56 am

There's only so much snow removal equipment available in any given area.

Some streets weren't plowed for over two days in cities larger than yours. The landlord and his contractor probably did the best they could, as soon as possible.

Under the circumstances, I think you're being unreasonable.

consigliere

Return to NYS General Discussion