TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

More help with the apartment in Clifton Park, NY

Moderator: TenantNet

More help with the apartment in Clifton Park, NY

Postby andavari » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:39 am

Here' another issue I have with this place...

I moved out and moved downstairs to another apartment in the complex. They did not require us to pay a security deposit for the first apartment we had with them... It was some promotion. So, when we moved out, they had determined there was damage, etc and they used our security deposit for our new place against the penalties for our old place. I'll attach exactly what it says in teh lease on here. I'm not sure what my next step would be though; should I tell them to give me my security back and thrn be financially liable for the damages amount? That would be my worst case scenario, I don't want them coming back to me with more charges that I'd have to pay.

****Enclosed is a copy of your move out inspection. Your Security deposit was applied to the balance due on your account ( we only paid a security deposit for the new place). after applying the security deposit to the total, you have a balance due of 530.00

what the lease says:

26. The Security deposit will not be used by tenant as apt rent for the last month of residency, nor is it to be applied to any penalty. *****
andavari

Postby TenantNet » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:56 am

No need to start a separate thread. Continue the earlier thread on this subject please.
The Tenant Network(tm) for Residential Tenants
Information from TenantNet is from experienced non-attorney tenant
activists and is not considered legal advice.

Subscribe to our Twitter Feed @TenantNet
TenantNet

Return to NYS General Discussion