TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Disabled Woman Desperately Needs Help

Moderator: TenantNet

Disabled Woman Desperately Needs Help

Postby jazznjana » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:53 pm

I am so grateful for finding this forum and hope someone can help me or steer me in the right direction. I am feeling desperate, alone and scared.

-I have rented my house (in California) for 10 years from the same landlord; no late rents or complaints.
-I am 56, disabled and have no money or family
-My income is Social Security
-I have Section 8 (for 7 years)
-In 1/07 the house I rent did not pass HUD inspection but repairs were made by the landlord (or the landlord gets no rent).
-Shortly after that I was served with a 90 day eviction notice to leave by 4/30/07. No reason given. I have requested three times that the landlord give me a reason or a letter of referrel..they ignore my requests.
-I believe they will re-rent to someone without Sec 8 so they don't have to do repairs.
-The landlord comes into my property and harrasses me with vulgar language and he has vandalized my property. I have no proof of this, however.
-On 3/21 I was served with a Unlawful Detainer Notice for non-payment of rent which I had paid on 3/6 through my bank's auto bill pay.
-I called the bank and found out they didn't issue the check until 3/21 and they will not tell me why. (There has been fraudulent activity on my checking account which I closed on 3/11 assuming my auto bills were paid), which they were, but just paid late
-The landlord received the rent check but returned it to me with a note saying to contact her attorney.
-I called the attorney twice, left messages but no return call.
-I also got 4 notices from the local Superior Court that a Unlawful Detainer Action was filed and I must vacate in 5 days.
-The Unlawful Detainer contains false information (which I can prove)
It also states it was filed and I was served on 3/15/2007. I was not served until 3/21.

I have MS and am very limited in my mental & physical capabilities. I was a business manager for 32 years prior to becoming ill. This is so humiliating and I don't deserve this happening to me.

I thank you in advance for your help.

Jana
Chico California
jazznjana

Postby Emeraldstar » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:25 pm

Hi All
I checked a site in Calif. They have an advocacy program that may be able to assist you with referrals on housing issues. So sorry you have been put thru this. Hope this helps. Good Luck
www.nationalmssociety.org/can/top_nav/information....
Emeraldstar

Postby Trying2 » Sun May 13, 2007 11:55 am

I am new to this site and was wondering if you were able to get help?

Hope you were.
Trying2

Return to General Discussion - beyond New York