TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

drug store (not the legal kind) next door. Help!

Issues unrelated to specific categories below

Moderator: TenantNet

drug store (not the legal kind) next door. Help!

Postby tonyb » Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:16 am

Hi,

Next to my building is a 24 hr store that caters to drugs dealers. The reason i say this is because every single night of the week, there are guys outside making noise (blasting boomboxes and screaming) and selling drugs (i've heard them dealing, they're that stupid and loud). If the store owners weren't into that themselves, they wouldn't allow those guys to be out there all night (till 6am the noise is heard)I have also seen minors come on their bikes to get alchohol and the store owners sell it to them without a problem (i've been at the store at 11pm). I now found out about this number to report drug dealing (888-374-DRUG) here in NY, but i dont know really how effective it will be. Is there anything else i could do? Have any of you dealt with a similar situation? Right now, as i'm typing this, there's this guy outside that at this hour feels the need to yell out commands to his dog. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

--Tony B.

<small>[ September 19, 2002, 02:19 AM: Message edited by: tonyb ]</small>
tonyb

Re: drug store (not the legal kind) next door. Help!

Postby MikeW » Fri Sep 20, 2002 2:58 pm

Complain to cops about the drug dealing, and noise. Complain to the State Liquor Authority about underage sales.
Complain to Dept of Consumer affairs about underage sales of cigarettes (if the stores selling them booze, they're probably selling them tobacco also).
Complain to the chain of local politcos (city councilman, state assemblyman, state senator, mayors office) about all of the above.
Keep complaining until someone does something
Get everyone in your building and the surrounding buildings to do the same.
MikeW

Postby mjr203 » Fri Sep 20, 2002 3:27 pm

Originally posted by MikeW:
Complain to cops about the drug dealing, and noise. Complain to the State Liquor Authority about underage sales.
Complain to Dept of Consumer affairs about underage sales of cigarettes (if the stores selling them booze, they're probably selling them tobacco also). Complain to the chain of local politcos (city councilman, state assemblyman, state senator, mayors office) about all of the above. Keep complaining until someone does something Get everyone in your building and the surrounding buildings to do the same.
and if that does not work, call the A-Team.
most Landlords suck it.
mjr203

Postby tonyb » Sat Oct 05, 2002 2:55 am

Thanks MikeW. Tonight i called the cops because it was a typical Friday with the drinking and noise. They came around in 10 minutes and stayed in front of the place till all the boozers went away and so did the noise, atleast for tonight. I will follow through with the fight. Thanks for the suggestions, again!

btw i wish i could call the A-Team. I'd have em blow up the place :)

<small>[ October 05, 2002, 02:58 AM: Message edited by: tonyb ]</small>
tonyb

Return to NYC General Discussion