Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: NO !

Posted by kuntsler on September 13, 2000 at 11:41:24:

In Reply to: NO ! posted by Ken on September 12, 2000 at 00:37:30:

Well I did some research and found a clause around that. Corporations were
originally illegal in the USA for around the first 100 years of the beginning of the USA. No company could exist at all. Then some companies that wanted to exploit people such as in this case started bribing some judges and made it legal to start a company and gave them the same rights at citizen. (Not more rights or separate rights as you argue.) So therefore it is illegal if the law is not applied. Perhaps they should call their senator and ask that they change the power that companies have in the workplace. I for one think the one dollar one vote (bribery) system we have now is unfair for we the people. And that companies should be barred to give donations for just this reason. And they should not be able to give money to politicians. I am voting for Gore a Democrat he will be a great president that will listen the needs of the people and not corporate America which has given us the greenhouse affect.

: : what I would do I would call 911 and have the fire department inspect the building.

: Please ! 911 is for life-threatning EMERGENCIES ONLY. CALL 911 ONLY IF A LIFE IS ON THE LINE. 911 is most certainly NOT a number for landlord-tenant problems or to summon a general building inspection. If you use 911 for these purposes you will most certainly be rebuffed and are wasting the operator's time which may be greatly needed by someone with a true emergency.

: There are companies that do indoor air-quality testing and consulting. The phone book is one obvious place find them. As this is a private matter between a commercial tenant and building owner a city agency would not get involved (barring some other condition, such as industrial pollution being generated).

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name