Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Rent Stabilization Association playing Government Agency

Posted by AL on February 28, 2002 at 10:32:09:

Each year, tenants receive a questionnaire regarding window guards, as required by the Dept. of Health.

About 2 years ago, I received such a form, but it was changed in size and shape. The bottom of this form said that it was from the Rent Stabilization Association.

I went to the DOH website to view their form, and it was no longer available for download.

I wrote the DOH to ask if the form I received was an official form, and received a reply stating that the Rent Stabilization Association had received a "modification from code," which allowed them to produce and distribute the form I received.

The RSA is a major landlord PAC. They are now taking over a function of State and Local government. (DHCR forms are also being produced and distributed).

I would imagine that the City Council must have voted for such a modification from code. Does anyone know how and when this took place? It sets a pretty dangerous precedent, when a rich landlord PAC can function in place of the government.

If the city council did vote for this, how can I find information on who voted for the modification?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name